Teenagers and MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Teenagers and MG's
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 18:36:24 -0500
Kai and all the others out there.....

 I had (have) a 69 Midget in high school... many experiences with that
beast and still providing more.  The chicks dug my 'little red car', the
guys made fun of it until every morning I'd pass 'em on the windy road to
school.  Story time, cause I think it kinda goes with the Kai-Girlfriend
thing.
  A few short years ago (really! Im only 20!) I was very interested in a
certain girl at school and apparently she was interested in me as well--
things were going frustratinly slow until she asked me to the sadie hawkins
(backwards) dance.  I was stoked.  She wanted to ride in my 'cute little
red car' and I was more stoked.  If I could get a girl who liked cars even
a little bit..... So anyway-- a DISCO theme.  So we get dressed up like a
champ-- her in her fat bellbottoms and brown polyester shirt-- ME in a pair
of the tightest silver pants, some 4" platforms (with side zipper of
course!), a BIG collar polyester shirt and a 4" medallion with genuine
imitation gold chain.  I was lookin good.  So we go to dinner and I wear a
coat, but still get some serious stares-- the Midget running good all this
time (and for the past coupla weeks too!).  Well we go to the dance, I make
a fool of myself with my friends and everybody and we decide to head out.
This dance place is about 10 miles outside of town and at midnight, my
headlights go out.  Just like that my headlights go out.  Just drivin'
along and --- you know. Well, I couldn't suppress the **DAMMIT** that flew
out before I knew what was happening.  For some reason when rewiring we
fused the lights, so all it was was a burnt fuse.  Of course I didn't have
any fuses.  So I thought I'd really impress the lady and make one.  Quick
roadside repair saw an allen wrench stuck in the fuse box (Superfuse) and
we were on our way.  After stopping about ten times to put the wrench back
in, we got to her place and she didn't even give me a good night kiss or a
thanks for the WONDERFUL evening or 'sweet car dude'.  Needless to say the
lady was NOT impressed with my mechanicing skills.  She never ever referred
to it as the 'cute little car' again.  I was sent on my way cursing the
automobile but I learned a coupla things:

1) I think my car is a living being-- it didn't like her so it sabotaged my
date.
2) Drive your mothers MIATA to any dance you go to.  Its not alive.
3) Don't wear disco clothes.  Ever.  Besides being the most tasteless
clothes you can wear, when you break down on the highway.  Can you imagine
if I had to call a tow truck for some reason?  I was thinking maybe the
static electricity built up with all my polyester stuff caused an electric
power surge that blew the lights.

 So Kai, if you can find a girl with enough character to sit and pump the
pedal while you bleed the brakes or sympathetically hand you a beer while
you tune the carbs, you have the right one.  My mom and dad did that with
TD's, a TC, a Hillman Husky, 2 MGA's, a 55 Chevy stepside and a 50 Chevy
stepside.
Good Luck.

Brust Roethler
64 Midget
69 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY

Two men, working out their pectorial muscles, and this man hears gay sex.
Which leads me to beleive that he is either, gay himself..... oooorrrrrrr,
not,  straight.