mg v8 quest

To: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Subject: mg v8 quest
From: maxdog@ilnk.com (Stephens, James)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 17:21:49 -0500
Jim Boyd wrote:

> Hey List:
>
> Well, today the town official revisited my backyard to see if I had
> removed my nine "junk" MGBs and other assorted "good stuff."
>
> I have been working like a dog to get things cleaned up around here!  I
> think it was a good idea to post the "fire sale" blowout, 'cause I had
> TONS of responses!!  For two days, I was spending 1 1/2 to 2 hours, just
> returning messages.  Of course, I do type 10 words a minute, so that
> didn't slow me a bit :>)
>
> Despite having my Suburban blow its engine and Turbo 350 (whaddaya mean
> the warranty's up, I only got 189K on her!!) at the same time (its
> called "Destiny") I was able to rid the yard of some things.
>
> I gave away a 1950 Chevy Caryyall (this was really a Suburban) to a
> friend and he was EXCITED!!  I had offers of 1K for it, but where are
> these people when your're in a bind??  My wife and kids didn't like the
> car anyway, so after I got rid of it, it seemed like the opportune time
> to tell the Mrs. about the '73 TR6 that was finding a new home with us.
> "Yes dear, it is rather like adoption, isn't it...except no college
> funding to have to worry about.  Honey, these TR6s are really
> appreciating in value...they even say more than MGBs, so it will be a
> great investment and fun for the two of us to get away in," states the
> proud husband.
>         (Kai, I hope you are saving a copy of this for your files!)
> Anyway, town inspector says all looks GOOD!  Within 2 hours, a '69 GT,
> '69 Austin America, '69 B Roadster, '76 B Roadster and a '60 Mini have
> magically re-appeared in my yard!  But it is a much cleaner yard now.
> My neighbors love the new cedar fence we had built, so hopefully no
> future complaints will be generated.  And we will all live happily ever
> after!
>
> Sign me a tired but fulfilled British car nut!
>
> Jim Boyd
> Paradise, CA  :>)Hey Jim,
Boy do you have a collection I would Kill to have!!
If you lived here in Jacksonville, Florida,I would have been at your
house day and night helping you with your "problem".
I had 3 Bs killing grass in my backyard, I am down to two.
But to the meat of the matter...
I am looking for a V8 215 aluminum engine to put in my project B.
You seem to be a man in the know, can you point me in the right
direction to find a V8?
Thanks a lot!
James the Road Worrier
maxdog@ilnk.com