Reply : MG Swap Meet -New Jersey

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Reply : MG Swap Meet -New Jersey
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:44:57 -0800
You wrote:

>Mike,
>Jersey would do fine. There must be a town park or open space with
>parking that could accomodate an event like this.
>Any other thoughts out there?
>
>Dave Houser

There is an anual swap meet in Norristown, Pa (just north of philly).
It's held indoors in January and is a real, clean out your
garage/basement british parts event.  I'll post info as soon as it
comes my way. There is also a good one in Milford, Ct in the early
spring at Bob's Foreign Auto Service. But hey, if you all want to
reinvent the wheel?, knock yourselves out. I'd rather see better
attendance at the already established events, than tons of events with
fewer people.

 Along the same lines there is a vast abundance of Tech sessions
through the winter here in the North East USA. Two examples of many
are: Eastern New York MGA visit to Joe Curto's shop in Queens, N.Y.
where he'll show how to rebuild S.U. carbs in Dec. and Washington DC
area MGCC's visit to machine shop in Alexandria, Va to learn what they
actually do to blocks, cranks and heads, in Feb. Most of these are not
only free but you get refreshments and most times you can get a group
together for lunch afterwards and trade "war stories". That's my idea
of a fine Sunday in the dead of winter.
 All the best and Safety Fast, David Deutsch