Re: Spax's and unleaded

To: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Subject: Re: Spax's and unleaded
From: Nick Pitt <nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 96 10:19:00 PST
Many thanks for this. No I don't have the instruction sheet as these are
replacement shocks as part of my (very) ongoing rebuild. Any one else
running lead free??

          Nick
 ----------
From: Graham McCann
To: Nick Pitt
Date: 18 November 1996 09:29

At 10:14 am 14/11/96 PST, you wrote:

>Sent this one before but didn't see it come back. also no replies yet but
>I'll try again.
>
> ----------
>From: Nick Pitt
>To: mgs
>Subject: Re: Spax tube shock conversion
>Date: 09 November 1996 08:36
>
>I am nearing the end of a heritage shell rebuild of my '73 B Roadster and
in
>the process have replaced the spax shocks with new ones. Does anyone have
>any good suggestions for whereabouts the adjustments should be set for
>general road use?
> And while we're at it, I've fitted a lead free head and wondered if anyone

>has experience of what ignition timing mioght be best for this?
>
>          Nick ('73 B)

Nick,

I assume you have the Spax instruction sheet for your kit.  If not the
settings the manufacturer recommends (and I use on my installation) are:

Setting 0 (fully anticlockwise)  Running In for 50 miles.
Setting 3 for front for road use..
Setting 6 for front for race use.
Setting 0 for rear for road use.
Setting 3 for rear for race use.
Each quarter turn of the adjuster represents one setting number.

I did not see your first messaage.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Graham