Re: Bad motor service vendor experience

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad motor service vendor experience
From: "D. Ahrendt" <ahrendt@atla3.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:32:09 -0500
I don't know who "repaired" those wiper motors but it would
be a service to the list to publish his name.

OTOH, I can recommend Hal Kramer in Mass. for wiper motor
and clock repairs.  He did both of mine for the TC and the
results were fine.  In fact, after I sent in the clock for a repair
estimate he quoted me a price.  When I got the clock back
it included a check from him for a refund.  Turned out that the
coil really did not need rewinding; just a broken wire at a terminal.
He didn't need to refund my money.  There's no way I would
have known the difference.

I don't have Hal's number or address handy but he runs an
advert. in the TSO.  Let me know if you need an address and
I try to find it.

Disclaimer:  Other than meeting Hal at a NEMGTR gathering I
have no other knowledge of him.  My experience with his work
was OK. YMMV.

Dave Ahrendt
'46 MG-TC
'61 MGA