Measure of enthusiasism?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Measure of enthusiasism?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:08:44 -0800
I'm watching the list for almost a year now and am finding patterns.
There are only a handful of real enthusiasts out there and an awful lot
of winers and excuse makers. I understand family commitments and job
related time restrictions. The facts are if you want it bad enough you
will find or make time to achieve your goals. Whether those goals are
to get out to a few more events, finishing the interior kit install or
maybe just finally replacing that broken side view mirror.
I do not think I will really motivate any one here but I just need to
vent a little frustration. There are not alot of things in life that
can bring as much satifaction and admiration from others like the
ownership and maintanance of a classic automobile. It's a wonderful
feeling when you put a new finish on that "beauty", stop at a light and
get a thumbs up from the person in the car next to you. Not only do you
feel good but you just made someone else feel good. Rewards like these
are far to few in life.
I hope some of you are not replacing drive time and project time with
computer time, that would be a shame. There is a fellow here in New
York who is President of a club and owns an MGA (his only british car)
in pieces and off the road for several years now. He's got to be 60 and
is always telling of how he can not wait to join in on my adventures.
Yet the car sits in peices. I'm very sad for this gentleman and hope
that he will realize he is mortal and has limited time for enjoyment.
Sorry if you feel I'm babbling and hope to see alot more of you out at
events. Safety Fast, David Deutsch