Re: Measure of enthusiasism? (short)

To: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Subject: Re: Measure of enthusiasism? (short)
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 21:50:59 -0800
Enthusiasm, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. The time available
for our hobbies is always an issue of priority - family, career, daily
living, etc. I think there may be an analogy between the LBC enthusiasm and
the time spent on the Internet. It's a great activity for college students
and retired people. Since I was in college in the Eisenhower era (with my
'50 TD) I now fall into the latter category in regard to both MGs and
computers/internet. As far as getting to every car event possible, my
enthusiasm comes from resurrecting the old iron, spending hundreds of hours
in that activity, getting the car running reasonable well, going to a few
shows with it, and then selling it to get on to the next project, as I am
about to do with yet another 48 TC.

I consider myself an avid MG enthusiast, but spend very little time on the
road in an MG. Who has other definitions for an MG enthusiast?

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA
1933 MG J2
1948 MG TC