Re: Hey Deutsch! Bite-Me!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hey Deutsch! Bite-Me!
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:38:47 -0800
Hey Bob!
If I lived near you I would gladly go on the 500 mile trip!I too feel
these cars are ment to be driven,I go out every weekend and drive some
of our canyons here in So Cal "goin out tomorrow and to the swap meet on
sunday"I think everyone can be an enthusiast in their own way.You have
avid football "enthusiasts" that never play football!I went to a brit
car club meeting a couple of months ago and drove my MG 60 miles to it
and NO ONE had brought their brit cars!Even a couple of miles!They sat
around and talked about the next car show but when I asked about going
on trips they didn't do that.I can see your frustration at people like
this because you want to get out and drive!I have a friend with a B any
if he goes down to LA he takes the freeway I won't go with him.I wish I
could find some people who like me wants to drive the twisties.It seems
like we as a culture have lost the desire to drive just for the fun of
it We used to go out for Sunday drives to nowhere in particular but just
to go on a adventure Now everyone is in a big hurry to get somewhere to
do something.To me the trip IS the destination!As for the excuse I don't
have the time etc etc If you really want to. you will find the time Well
I've Ran on enough.....Pat