Re: Hey Deutsch! Bite-Me! -Reply -Reply

To: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM, drded@ix.netcom.com, boballen@sky.net,
Subject: Re: Hey Deutsch! Bite-Me! -Reply -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:17:20 -0500

Tom,

 You said:
>Also, if a cat PEEed in my car after working on the interior
>I would be thourghly PISSED OFF as well.

In that case:
if a cat PISSED in my car after working on the interior,
would you be thourghly PEEed OFF as well?

Just curious... ;^)
Dan

Tom Wagner Houston, TX. '67 MGB
(NO DISCLAIMER NEEDED)

> From mgs-owner@autox.team.net Fri Nov 22 09:09 CST 1996
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:56:27 -0500
> From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
> To: drded@ix.netcom.com, boballen@sky.net
> Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject:  Hey Deutsch! Bite-Me! -Reply
>  > HEY BOB, SETTLE DOWN, MELLOW, CHILL!
> Having read your rambling diatribe, I take more exception to your statements
> than David's.  If you thank God for this STUPID list, then quit comparing
MG's
> to Japanese cars (I own a Honda but no one on this list knew that till now);
> blasting the rubber-bumpers (they are still an MG) And,  why is this list
> STUPID?
> Safety Fast and All Due Respect,
> Dan
>  > >>> Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net> 11/21/96 11:23am >>>
> David Deutsch wrote:
> >  > I'm watching the list for almost a year now and am finding patterns.
> > There are only a handful of real enthusiasts out there...   <snip out
> long, self-serving, opinionated drivel>
> > Safety Fast, David Deutsch
>  > David,
>  > Does the term 'bite-me' have any deep meaning for you? I think you've
finally  > bent over that wing mirror one too many times. Where do you get off
getting on
http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/kcmgcc/FatRun96.html and click on the picture.
http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/mymg.html
> It ain't a bad looking 20 footer. And, when underway, few get that close.
>  > Personally, I think 'B's are boring, Midgets are a hoot, 'A's are
beautiful  > performance bimbos, and 'T' owners are loons (they don't GO!).
And there ain't
>  nothing collectable about a rubber-bumper anything but, I'll concede, they
> make  the best daily drivers. And they made MGs before the War but who
cares:
> they made  baby buggies too and you can't drive them either. But that is
just
> my opinion and  the only person who thinks its valuable is me. And I am so
> very glad there is  such a diversity in enthusiasm or the car shows would be
> really boring and I  would never learn much.
>  > A lot of the stuff that passes across this list is of little direct
interest
> to  me. But all of it is about MGs (clever coincidence) and I like checking
in
>  several times a day to catch the chatter. I learn a few things and I can
> dream of  doing thinks that my life won't let me (Alaska comes to mind). I
> will only  respond to technical stuff when I can say I've been there. And
I'm
> not generally  willing to leap on my soapbox and spew forth subjective
drivel.
>  > And I ain't an old timer on this stupid list either. Maybe a few months.
But I