Re: Stainless hardware

To: howersl@ttown.apci.com
Subject: Re: Stainless hardware
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 09:03:46 -0500

<<  Never, ever, use
   stainless hardware on any drivetrain/suspension/brake component.

   A great reference for hardware (and just an all around nifty book) is
   _Nuts,_ Bolts,_Fasteners_and_Plumbing by Carroll Smith.  It tells
   you more than you ever wanted to know about hardware.  Cost about $20.

Scott,

I'm confused.  I thought stainless would be one of the strongest materials
you could use.  I've worked in the food processing industry for many years
and we swear by 304 or 316 stainless. Especially 316 SS...very strong.  Does
it react with the other components?    What am I missing ?

Bruce Durgin
64 B