TD Rear Wings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Rear Wings
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 21:53:16 -0500 (EST)
In the course of painting my TD (TD/17639), I noticed that the two rear
wings are of slightly different design. They are almost identical except
one has a slight, rather graceful taper in its width as viewed from behind.
This is before the V at the very end. The other one is square before the V,
and matches the pictures I have of other TDs. Did MG make a slight styling
change somewhere along the line? Could the tapered wing be from a different
model car? Were there after market wings available at one time? By the way,
the tail lights are square, as is proper for this serial number. This car
has many mysteries, I don't think there is a single part untouched by the DPO.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 12 months and counting (the TD is winning)