Re: Firing order

To: Bert.Otten@nni.nl, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Firing order
From: Larryhoy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 11:29:13 -0500
Mark,

I believe that the #1 position on the distributor is in the northeast
postition (about 2 o'clock), the #1 cylinder is the one on the front of your
engine.  I wasn't sure about the information Bert sent you so I went out to
the garage and checked this (on my car).  I think this is standard operating
procedure for most cars, the #1 position on the distributor is closest to the
#1 cylinder.

So just plug in the rest of the wires and starting in an anti-clockwise
direction, take the next wire an attach it to the # 3 spark plug, next one to
# 4, next one to # 2.

You have the right firing order all (?) 4 cylinder engines fire in this order
1 - 3 - 4 - 2.

Larry
1969 MGB