Re: bgt fenders and windshields

To: BRUCE PHILLIPS <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Subject: Re: bgt fenders and windshields
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 06:54:37 -0600
BRUCE PHILLIPS wrote:

>         I need the wisdom of the list .

You must have this list confused with...

> The car needs a new windshield and may need new fenders (lots
> of bodyfill ) . I also plan to do the sills etc. My question is , Are new
> windshields and fenders readily available and if so where from ? As I am in
> Canada (Barrie ,, 60 miles north of Toronto,,) what are the difficulties of
> shipping such items from the U.S. ?

I put a windshield in a Midget a few years back that I bought from NOS
Locaters.
They are in Rhode Island and their number is 401-725-5000 and take plastic.
They
always advertise in Hemmings.

The Hemmings I got today says a '69 B/GT Windshield cost 99.99 clear and 129.99
tinted. Plus they want 17.85 + 12.00 for the box. The box is stout, and they
foam
it in. It takes an hour to get it out of the box but the kids will play with
the
box for days. Then you can use it for a dumpster until spring.

Seriously, if you can get a couple of buddies to order windshields, too, you
can
save some shipping charges.

Buy all new rubber. Installation is best not done sober.

Dinner's ready....

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69C/GT