Re: air compressor

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: air compressor
From: Len Bugel <bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:03:30 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> There's been a severe inflation of the HP ratings since we bought ours.
> Moreover, the new Sears units don't appear to be as well made as my old
> one.  I am seriously wondering if I can't keep my old unit and put a new
> one in parallel with it somehow.

I can think of no reason why you couldn't have two compressors feeding the
same tank. If the pressure-activated switches were set at slightly
different pressures, the second compressor would only kick in if you were
using more air than the first could supply.

        Len Bugel
        '51 TD
        '59 MGA (With some MGB components!)