Re: MGs and Porsches

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "The Richards" <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:59:05 -0500
My responces woven in among the Cut-outs.

> First that whole Triumph thing, and now Porsches, and not even a PROPER
> Porsche!

Well at least I KNOW the Porsche is more reliable than a Triumph.

>They may be more reliable than old Brit iron, but just. And when
> something does go = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

True, but since they are more reliable your allowance on parts is 50% more
than that of an MG because they break down 50% less (I don't know if this
is true).  And remember the reliability part of my message was quoted from
an Article in AutoWeek.

>poor fellow had a hard time maintaining his I'M SO COOL image with all
that racket!

That is one of the problems with Porsche owners I have met (no one on this
list), the guy 2 streets over has a old Porsche 912 and his attitude SUCKS,
oh did I mention the car has been in his garage for the past 2 years.  He
goes on and on about the car, and then when I ask him I question about the
Porsche he usually gives a STUPID answer.

>P.S. Oh yes, we know full well that you, young devil, must purposedly pick
> topics designed to raise a firestorm. I think you're some sort of
> cyber-pyromaniac!

I'll be happy to fuel any firestorm, and I will even supply the fuel to
start one.  David Deutsch owns a gas station and he is an expert in this
area.  I learn from the best :-)

I said I am only considering getting a Porsche, and the more people tell me
not to get one the more I want one.

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg

P.S. This is for the people on the list with no "sence" of humor:  PLEASE
realize I am only JOKING and I don't know if David owns a gas station.