RE: Squealing Pads.

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Squealing Pads.
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 09:57:00 -0800 (PST)
Brake squealing is usually the result of the metal brake pad backing rubbing
against the caliper piston. Usually the person that did the brakes forgot to
put the shims back in. These are paper thin pieces of metal that slip
between the pad backing and the piston. If your brakes were designed without
shims you can coat the mating surfaces with a special anti brake squeal
silicon sealant available at any auto place. The shims, if you have them,
can be glued to the pads with this same anti squeal sealant.

Chris Reichle