Re: MGs and Porsches (final thoughts)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches (final thoughts)
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 19:46:36 -0500
Ok, I have gotten many comments about this subject and now I will put my
final thoughts into it.  I have come to the reality my MGB will not be
restored by the time I am able to drive so I will need another car.  Many
MG owners on this list have shot down my Porsche idea, but I still want one
(maybe after I am done college).  So I think the MG list should help me
come up with a list of cars that would be suitable for me.

Criteria:

1.      Can't fit more than 3 1/2 people (Yes, you did read it right, 2 seats is
        fine with me).
2.      Must have at least 125 bhp and 150 pound ft of torque (Minis, and
        British Cars excluded).
3.      Must be "COOL" car (no volvos, station wagons, etc).
4.      No American or Japanese cars, but I do like the Datsun 240Z and the
        Nissan 280Z so these are allowed.
5.      No Air-bags (if I am going to die I don't want a big balloon in my
        face)
6.      I don't care about creature comforts (i.e. 250 Watt Stereo Systems, and
        14,386 cupholders)
7.      Did I say I wanted a "COOL" car (must have proper aerodynamics, no
        shoeboxes).
8.      I have a limit of 7,500 dollars (Lamborghinis are outta the question).
9.      Car must be performance and driving oriented (which eliminates VW bugs
        and buses).
10.     Car can be used and of any year.

No that I have everything I want in a car, you can all send me your cars (I
mean replies), I live at:

21 Sucker Lane
U'raDope, YX 90000

Now, seriously I would love to hear what other MG owners think I should
drive as a second car while my MG is outtta commision.

Safety Fastest,

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg

Yes I know "Safety Fastest" sounds stupid but I got tired of hearing
'Safety Faster' or 'Safety Fast'.

Good Day (Cheers is over used also)