Re: MGs and Porsches (final thoughts)

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches (final thoughts)
From: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (John P. Quinn)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 16:16:18 -0600
Comment spliced in below...

>Ok, I have gotten many comments about this subject and now I will put my
>final thoughts into it.  I have come to the reality my MGB will not be
>restored by the time I am able to drive so I will need another car.  Many
>MG owners on this list have shot down my Porsche idea, but I still want one
>(maybe after I am done college).  So I think the MG list should help me
>come up with a list of cars that would be suitable for me.
>
>Criteria:
>
>1.     Can't fit more than 3 1/2 people (Yes, you did read it right, 2 seats is
>       fine with me).
>2.     Must have at least 125 bhp and 150 pound ft of torque (Minis, and
>       British Cars excluded).
>3.     Must be "COOL" car (no volvos, station wagons, etc).
>4.     No American or Japanese cars, but I do like the Datsun 240Z and the
>       Nissan 280Z so these are allowed.
>5.     No Air-bags (if I am going to die I don't want a big balloon in my
>       face)
>6.     I don't care about creature comforts (i.e. 250 Watt Stereo Systems, and
>       14,386 cupholders)
>7.     Did I say I wanted a "COOL" car (must have proper aerodynamics, no
>       shoeboxes).
>8.     I have a limit of 7,500 dollars (Lamborghinis are outta the question).
>9.     Car must be performance and driving oriented (which eliminates VW bugs
>       and buses).

There are about 10 different Lamborghini Kit car builders out there.  Some
better than others.

Some of the kits go between $3,000 to $7,000.

They drop on top of a modified Pontiac Fiero.  Chop off the roof,
Extend the length of the body, remove the body panels, build some
extensions on the front and rear and your done.  Besides paint and wheels.

They really strive for authenticity.  Quite sharp and a real babe magnet.

--
Jay Quinn                 '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
Systems Engineer