Re: Best way to change tranny & axle oil?

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to change tranny & axle oil?
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 05 Dec 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

-On Tuesday Someone wrote:
> OK, guys and gals, one more time.  These questions can be answered if
you have
> an owner's manual and a shop manual.  They are the authoritative
source to
> issues like "what lube to use" or "how many ways can I insert a
distributor
> drive gear" or "how do I adjust front end bearing lash". If you have
been
> shying away from getting these documents because you don't think
you'll
> understand them, that is what the collective we (SOL) are here for, to
answer
> informed questions.

And on Wed Paul Kile wrote:

One very important point to note when checking 1963-1974 MGB trans  oil
(the ones with the dipstick).  When you reach in to grab the  metal loop
of the dipstick with your index finger, it is VERY EASY to  get your
finger caught in the loop.  Because of the tight quarters  you are
working in, the only way to get your finger free is to remove  the
dipstick (which is what you are trying to do, right?).  Well, if  the O-
rings on the dipstick are stuck in the tranny, you have just  become an
integral part of your MGB, hanging out the door with your  finger
trapped for eternity.

Well Paul if you had checked Chapter 18 of the factory Manual
' Insertion of Body parts in Orifices of the MGB ' you would have known
this before getting your finger stuck.  :)

Bob Nogueira  ' Always making knots in threads'