Re: Broken boot lock/been there

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Subject: Re: Broken boot lock/been there
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 14:45:21 -0600
At 07:24 AM 12/8/96 -0800, you wrote:
>I had to drill a small hold about 1/2" below edge of lock mechanism
>right under curve of pull handle and stick small screw driver through
>to release catch. Hated doing it but sometimes you just gotta do, what
>you just gotta do.
>Safety Fast, David Deutsch
>You wrote:
>>
>>I have a 78 B, and when I tried to open the boot today,
>>the lock barrel came out with the key !
>>
>>All the mechanism inside seems to have fallen away - I tried to
>>open the boot by pushing a screwdriver through the small hole
>>where the retaining screw used to be, but with no success - does
>>anyone have any ideas ?
>>
>>David
>>78 MGB

Seems kinda drastic - any chance that your car - like so many 'Bs - has
speakers mounted in the rear bulkhead?  I would rather remove a speaker -
even if it meant destroying it - than to drill a hole in the boot lid.  You
should then be able to access the catch mechanism from the inside.  Just my
2 cents worth again...

Wayne

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B