Re: break lights on a 65 MGB

To: DMille4675@aol.com
Subject: Re: break lights on a 65 MGB
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:13:52 -0800
I have a similar problem with my 66 and now the light don't come on no
matter how hard I push. I know it's in the switch. I'm going to change
the Master cylinder cover to a later model one with the switch on the
cover and just abandant the other. If that's no good I'll go for switch
under dash,  pedal lever activated. I figure if they changed the design
in later models, there is probably a good reason. There is a difference
in modifing and improving.  Safety Fast, David Deutsch

This is a reply to a post concerning brake light pressure switch which
was tied into proportioning tee of brake line system on early Bs (pre
68). The switch seems to show weakiness by needing increasingly more
pedal pressure to active(and light brake lamps) and then eventual just
quits.