Re: courtesy light in '73 MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: courtesy light in '73 MGB?
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:29:18 -0500
Thanks for all the replies (around 30 or so!).  What I suspect happened is
that many years ago, someone installed a radio that required an adapter
plate to compensate for the lack of depth in the radio console.  Said plate
covers most of the mounting area for the courtesy light, so the light was
removed and probably tossed.

For the time being I'll live without one, but I suspect that this old tired
radio will need replacing <grin>.  Of course that will start two new threads:

1) what radio can I fit in my '73 dash and still keep the courtesy light in
it's original location?

2) anyone have a used courtesy light for a '73 roadster?

Thanks again for all the responses.

Rich Mason
1973 MGB
e-mail-> rmason@ro.com