Spinner Hammers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spinner Hammers
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 96 19:29:12 GMT
Sam Stanton asked me for some further info on the nylon faced
hammers, other might find the following useful:-

Spoke to Thor Hammers (who live less than a mile up the road from me
- no connection, honest!).  Apparently they supplied the original
hammers to Abingdon and still make them to the original pattern for
concourse use, but do recommend the nylon ones for getting the wheels
off.

They only supply to the trade to order - places like Homebase and B&Q
in the UK, and Moss and the Roadster Factory in the USA, they supply
other countries but not Canada (unless they got an order, I suppose).
However the USA stockists only order copper/copper hammers.

Recommended prices in the UK are about 8 Sterling for the hammers
with fixed nylon/aluminium faces and interchangeable faces and about
7 Sterling for the copper/copper (that's what the man said).

They can be contacted by phone on (0)121 705 4695 and fax on (0)121
705 4727.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)