RE: Side-view mirrors are annoying!

To: "'76333.2414@CompuServe.COM'" <76333.2414@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: RE: Side-view mirrors are annoying!
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:57:35 -0500
        I have to add something here.  I was thinking of doing this very thing,
=
and decided against it.  My MG friend Jay. upon hearing my idea of =
moving the mirrors forward, did a little illustration for me.  He took =
the driver's side mirror (the worst culprit) off, told me to get in the =
car, held it in place on the fender, and asked me if I could see.  Well, =
I will say it's better to some extent, but you can't change your =
perspective (i.e. for entering the highway, or changing lanes) by just =
slightly moving your head.  Also, it makes everything look VERY tiny, =
and kinda difficult to determine where everything is in reality.  =09
        He then moved the mirror back, and, yes, it was still crumby, but at =
least I could tell what the heck was behind me.  I dunno, maybe I'm just =
weird...  Just my $.02

Regards,