THANKS AND DAN HUGHES DAY

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: THANKS AND DAN HUGHES DAY
From: BRUCE PHILLIPS <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:43:37 -0500 (EST)

        First of all, many thanks to those of you who responded to my
request for welding information. I will digest all the data and let you know
the results. I can say with certainty that the people who recently dropped
the list are missing  a great deal of knowledge.

        I hope I am not to late for a Dan  Hughes Day story. In 1968 I drove
my "B" from Sarnia to Toronto (175 miles) to pick up a Hardtop to use for
the winter. As luck would have it as I pulled out of the drive way of the
garage where I picked the unit up , a "55 " chevy with no front bumper hit
me broadside, tearing a strip just above the sill from the front fender
through the door to the back fender.  His fault, his insurance company pay's
.  Drove back to Sarnia to repair the car.  I took a settlement of cash and
fixed the car myself.

        On doing the body work I decided to change coluors to our "racing
coulour" which was bright yellow. the car was BRG. I remember this next part
like it was yesterday . I drove my mothers car a Consul 10 miles to the shop
to put  the finishing touches on the car and drive it home. It was late but
the car was beautiful. All the chrome was bright and the paint shinning. I
opened the shop door , got in the car put it in reverse , turned my head
around and proceeded to back out. I had neglected to close the drivers door
and proceeded to fold it into the front fender .  I can still hear and feel
the sound. I drove the car back in the shop turned the lights out and drove
the Consul home. Two months later the car was on the road.

        I wonder if there is a rogue gene in the pool that creates LBC
lovers that also makes them do stupid things.

BRUCE

remember--  you can't shake hands with a clenched fist--