Re: Polishing Spinners

To: car@texas.net (Carol)
Subject: Re: Polishing Spinners
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:58:24 -0600
At 01:51 PM 12/11/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Here's the deal...
>
>We now have the new 72-spoke chrome/stainless Daytons for the MGA.
>
>We have "washed" the spinners, but...they sure are dull to my eye, and they
>will look like they're painted RED when they go onto those new wheels.
>
>How can I get the shine back? Is that something I can do, or do I need to
>take them to a machine shop...or where?? Or what??
>
>Thanks!

Carol -
        I had pretty good luck on mine with SimiChrome and lots of elbow grease.
You could try a buffing wheel on a drill or bench grinder.  However, if the
chrome plating has gone thin, you might be seeing the copper undercoating
giving a reddish color.  Probably then you would need to consider a
replating job.

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B
Plano, TX       http://web2.airmail.net/wkube