[Fwd: Midget 1500 Cam bearing install]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Midget 1500 Cam bearing install]
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:22:33 -0800
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:15:12 -0800
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Midget 1500 Cam bearing install

Hi Barney,
  You will probably see this on the list, but I wanted your specific
expert opinion, please.
  I own a '78 Midget 1500 with a recently rebuilt engine. With less than
200 miles on the rebuild, the cam welded itself to the block. This engine
design does not incorporate cam bearings. My rebuilder spoke with John
Twist who suggested the installation of cam bearings; although John had
never seen a 1500 do this before. My rebuilder is dragging his feet on
the cam bearing installation until he speaks with someone who can tell
him (1) why it seized and (2) how to do this conversion properly so it
won't occur again. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

-God Bless,
-Vince
San Antonio, Texas