BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:46:41 -0700 (MST)

     From: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
     Subject: Dan Hughes Story
     Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:30:03 -0600

Now that everyone knows where I stand on the majority vs. minority laws I feel
the need to tell my Dan Hughes story............

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was the proud owner of a 64 AH3000
BJ8. One beautiful day in the Missouri Ozarks a friend and I were on our way
home to St. Louis when we began to be tailgated by a SS396 Chevelle (your
standard hill country road burner).  Since my Healey never did like to back
down from a fight I began to pull away from the American Iron.  Well this cat
and mouse game went on for about 10 miles.  Me pulling away on the curves, he
catching up on the straights.  Finally he decided that maybe this LBC was a
little quicker than he thought and had scared himself silly during a double S
curve and decided to quit.

We had just turned onto the highway entrance ramp when the back end of the car
started shimmying like crazy.  My first thought was that the knock-offs had
come loose, so we get out and shake the wheels and lo and behold half of the
spokes had been ripped away from the wheel.  Needless to say we changed out the
worse of the two and sloooowly made our way back to St. Louis.  Ah, the
stupidity of youth,  another mile or so and I would have sheared both back
wheels right off the car.

>From Bill Schleusner (only here by the Grace of God)
Texas Instruments Incorporated
b-schleusner@ti.com