Floor and sill replacement

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Floor and sill replacement
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:36:21 -0500
I am in the process of replacing the left side floor and sills on my
MGB and I have some questions about how the floor goes in relative to the
other pieces.

Does the flange on the inner sill go under the floor or on top of it?

When I cut the old floor out, should I cut right up to the transmission
tunnel and then weld the up turned edge of the new floor to the side
of the tunnel, or should I leave an inch or so of the old floor
sticking out along the edge of the tunnel and set the new floor on top of that?

I am planning to replace only the front portion of the inner sill.  When
I did the right side of the car, the back portion was a real pain to remove
and was not in particularly bad shape.  Does this sound like a good
strategy?

If leave a portion of the inner sill in place, should I leave a flange
sticking out to set the floor on or just plan to join the turned up
edge of the new floor to the side of the old inner sill?

Thanks for the help.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net (note the change from AOL - but I do prefer the digest)