fwd: Distributor Stuck !

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fwd: Distributor Stuck !
From: Bill Collier <bcollier@i-link.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 19:25:22 -0800

From: Bill Collier <bcollier@i-link.net>, on 12/14/96 6:55 PM:
To: msg@autox.team.net
Cc: bcollier@i-link.net

I started checking out the engine for my 1972B restoration today
and ran into  a small problem.  The distributor is frozen in the block.
I loosened the cinch bolt - still stuck. Even removed both the bolts
that hold the distributor hold down plate on. Still stuck. I have put
enough pressure on the vacuum advance that i am afraid that it will
break.  Took a small Stanley prybar to base but it would not lift out
with a moderate amount of pressure .

Is there a trick to removing the distributor body from the block.
The inspection on the car expired almost 5 yrs ago, so it probably
has not been started since then.

After pricing new distributor, I would really like to save it. I would like
to remove it  and go through it completely .

I have piddled with B motors before but have never run into this problem.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance,
Bill Collier