Re: Where to find tires...

To: Joe Peck <peck@digex.net>
Subject: Re: Where to find tires...
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 00:45:57 -0500
Joe Peck wrote:

<snip>

> What do the rest of you do when trying to find tires for your
> LBCs?  On my '80B I went with 175-SR-14.  They fit, but don't
> look quite right (too large) and I'm sure I'm losing some handling
> performance, so I want to go with the correct size now that I'm
> buying a new set for the '79B.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

I'll post this again, even though it never seems to get much attention.

You can still obtain 165-SR/14's here in the states, you just have to
look a bit to find them. Find a shop in your area that handles
motorcycles, or handles a lot of import car business. The tyres I have
on 'Rags' are Fulda, a German tyre, medium agressive M/S tread. I think
they're originally on BMW's or Audi's over there. Seems to be a good
quality tyre, and holds up well in all sorts of weather.  Squeals like a
bainsidhe going around corners at high speeds, but I fancy that's what
the original Dunlops did, too. Many shops that handle German imports or
Bikes can order these. They were relatively inexpensive, too.

Cheers,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
RD#373750