Re: Heat shield

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat shield
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 00:24:09 +0000
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the heat shield
inside my transmission tunnel and under the driver's side floor.
When I looked under the car, sure enough, the shield is held on by
three rivets reenforced by fender washers.  The rivets are evenly
spaced, about three or four inches up the side of the transmission tunnel.

Removing the shield looks like a simple matter of drilling the rivets
out from the inside of the car.  I plan to remove the shield, hopefully
intact, clean it up, and replace it after I have finished installing
my new floor.

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB