Heat shield

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heat shield
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 00:24:40 +0000
In the process of removing the driver's side floor pan on my '80 B,
I have discovered that there is some sort of heat shielding material
(asbestos?) bonded or fastened to the floor and the inside of the
transmission tunnel directly above the exhaust pipe.  I took a quick
look at the Moss Motors catalog and found no reference to this part.

Is this stuff glued to the floor and transmission tunnel or is it
held on by some fasteners so that I can remove it without breaking it?

If I do have to cut this stuff to get the floor out, is there any
place where I can get a replacement?

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB