My Dan Hughes Tragedy

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Dan Hughes Tragedy
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:29:47 -0600 (CST)
My 'Dan Hughes' story occurred back in High School when I was stupid as
to the ways of the mechanical world.  I had a 1977 Honda Civic, and it
was my first car waith a manual transmission.  I was sitting in it in the
driveway after school one day, and a thought crossed my head.  "I wonder
if the engine will start with the car in gear?"  I put the transmission
in first, turned the key, and sat helplessly as my car bounced into the
garage door.  I couldn't stop laughing when it actually bounced backwards
from the garage door.  When I cut the engine off, my first action was to
quickly look around to make sure no one had seen me.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

(see Dan, we all have days like that)     :)