Re: Roadster Windshield

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: Roadster Windshield
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 18:33:53 EST
On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 13:03:17 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca writes:
>>I am having trouble installing the windshield in a '70 roadster.

I resisted the temptation to say this at the original posting but once it
became a thread i just have to...

I attempted this job only once, I knew from Mr porter that it was a
toughie but
I HAD NO IDEA how difficult it is!
I will never try it again - call me wimp, sissy whatever - N.F.W.!
=================
The problem is, i need to replace the screen of my 72 -the true final
touch for this restoration, it has some horrendous scratches caused by
the PO thinking the wiper blades were optional - since everything else on
the car is now finished you can see my aversion to the procedure is to
the point of being phobic!
Does anyone in the North East know a glass shop that will undertake it? -
I have the glass and all the gaskets but despite a lot of telephoning, I
find most glass installers have a sign in their shops that reads "DONT
EVEN THINK OF ACCEPTING AN MGB!!"
any ideas appreciated.

BTW I also have a very servicable screen complete assembly which surplus
to requirements - email me if anyone needs it

mike robson
69 roadster
72 roadster