Batteries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Batteries
From: "John M. Rogers" <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 20:02:48 -0600
I think that the two six volt batteries in my '62 MGA installed some
years ago have finally given up the ghost.  What is the consensus
opinion regarding two sixes or one twelve volt battery.  I've been told
that the technology in current twelve volt batteries is far superior to
even the six volt batteries being manufactured today.  It seems that one
twelve would be easier to deal with.  My car is in excellent shape but
driving is more important to me than having a "100 point" car.
Opinions?  If I were to use a twelve what size and Amps would I need to
look for?