Re: Batteries

To: rogersj@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Batteries
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 14:26:02 -0500

<< I think that the two six volt batteries in my '62 MGA installed some
 years ago have finally given up the ghost.  What is the consensus
 opinion regarding two sixes or one twelve volt battery.  I've been told
 that the technology in current twelve volt batteries is far superior to
 even the six volt batteries being manufactured today.  It seems that one
 twelve would be easier to deal with.  My car is in excellent shape but
 driving is more important to me than having a "100 point" car.
 Opinions?  If I were to use a twelve what size and Amps would I need to
 look for?

I am at the tail end of restoring my 1958 MGA.  I'm not concerned with
"original" when it comes to batteries so I bought a small 12 volt battery
from Monkey Ward that fit in place just fine.  (Maybe I'll use the other
battery holder for a little Igloo cooler)  These batteries are a lot less
expensive so I won't mind so much when the time comes to replace it.

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881