jumping sparks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: jumping sparks
From: Cat1cat@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 23:44:10 -0500
this is not a mg posting but it may relate to something in your future

computer screen getting bad, dark at rimes, lines.etc
eventually it went out and i heard sparks jumping, just
like ignition sparks.
took the case off and turned it on ... sparks at about an inch
were jumping from the high tension coil (where the high voltage wire goes
to the picture tube.) (from the coil not the tube) to the metal frame.
 put some plastic sheeting, about 15 pieces between the coil from which
the sparks eminated and the frame... put it together and its running
just fine.
the son of hades mechanic that has my car, promised dec 24
i still have no car...
i hope he is as good as he used to race.
got a color printer for christmas

in my previous rambling i mentioned relays, a wise gentleman put
forth ther idea that the trouble with stop light switches  and  with plastic
brake fluid
may be from products of the arcing within the switch causing greif at
the electrical contacts....... best theory i've heard so far.

so if a relay that requires a minute amount of current were the only
item in the circuit , less current, less arcing, less junk produced,
better performance from the switch.

rocky