Re: MGB lighting system & alternator upgrade?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB lighting system & alternator upgrade?
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 22:17:14 -0500
List,
      My suggestion to whomever it was that asked the original question about
high powered lighting systems and sucking amps out of the alternator is to
visit Wal-mart.  There you proceed to the automotive dept. and find the
headlamps.  There you will find stacks of black boxes labeled something like
"GE halogen lamps".  They come in the 7" round size that will fit into any
MG.  They cost about ten dollars.  If a stone hits them or they burn out from
daylight driving, then you stop at the next Wal-mart down the road and plunk
down another ten dollars for a new one.   They are very effective and you
won't have to call any sort of exotic parts house across country to get one.
 You also won't have to pay $200.oo for a zillion volt alternator.
          I have no interest in either of these company's , but I wish I did.
                                            Bill in Colorado