In my own defense/MG vs. others

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: In my own defense/MG vs. others
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 20:16:19 -0800
Whoa Jack,
I remember very well that late Saturday afternoon in Keane, N.H. not
Westminster, Vermont and my exact words were "Oh man! they invited
those uppity Triumphs back again this year?" and you replied "you must
be that David guy from N.Y." and we all got a good laugh as I remember
it. It was not adverserial, nasty or event meant to offend. It could
not have been taken as anything other than the sarcastic remark that it
was and would ask you to ask any of the dozen or so others that were
there to say any different. We continued talking at some length after
those initial remarks, looking under bonnets and admiring each other's
cars and I remember it as nothing less than plesant. I'm guessing you
and I grew up on real different play grounds. There are many on this
list who will tell you that I would give my shirt off my back to help
another British car enthusiast, even Triumph owners. I take offense to
your remarks the only attitude in that parking lot that day was yours.
Some one said earlier today that if you had a beef with some one take
it up in private. You have twisted the truth in an obvious attempt to
assinate my character. I post this to the group only because you chose
to launch your attack publicly. My actions speak for themself and my
reputation is for the most part good. I would guess there are more
people saying "who's Jack and why is he attacking David" then there are
people agreeing with you right now. Take the chip off your shoulder and
play nice or go home. Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>My first in person meeting with David Deutsch occured last Oct. at
>Westminster Vt.
>By way of introduction he brayed at me across the hotel parking lot
"oh
>jeeze, they let that Triumph crap in here".  I had never met the guy
in my
>life but the NY plate on the car and the attitude let me know who he
was.

>It was my 9th year at Westminster with my TR and the first time
anyone,
>anywhere, at a car show had ever attempted to make me feel unwelcome.

We go
>to the shows to be with all of our friends and make new ones.  Over
the
>years we have made hundreds of friends traveling around the eastern
US.

>The TR?  It has won numerous first place trophies at Westminster and
other
>shows and a first in peoples choice at the VTR nationals in '96.  Not
>exactly crap.
>My other LBC is a '67 MGB roadster with a 3.6 alloy V-8 and all the
>trimmings...my pals in the Triumph club think it's cool...MG folks
don't
>seem very open and friendly from what I've seen lately.  Or is it just

>few?  I don't think it is an attitude thing as I am a Viet Nam combat
vet
>that scored 105 with bonus points on his postal exam.  I manage to get

along