Re[2]: MG vs. others

To: boballen@sky.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: MG vs. others
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 00:58:53 -0600
You wrote:

> please lets quit trying to be entertaining and go back to long
>discussions on the correct colors of gas strap bolts or proper spark
>plugs vs. Splitfires

Very well, then.  I tried a set of Splitfires in my 1977 Honda Civic CVCC.
The CVCC engine is a stratified-charge design engine.  A small amount
of very rich fuel-air is concentrated around the spark plug, while the
rest of the cylinder is filled with a low fuel-air mixture.  I have
heard that experimental stratified charge engines run at effective fuel
air ratios of 300 to 1  (14.7 to 1 being ideal).

Wow!  I thought.  A set of splitfires will do miracles for this engine.
I never could tell the difference in power, fuel economy, etc.  My dad
still laughs at me for that gaff.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III  (older & wiser)
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke