Jacobs ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jacobs ignition
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 07:49:15 -0500
Jack,
  I have installed a Jacobs ignition system including the milagemaster in my
74 Jensen Interceptor. The Chrysler 440 which powers the beast is a
notoriously hard cold starter (can't imagine how it would EVER start north
of the border). The Jacobs helped this but did not cure it. . .I'm more than
a little certain that a carb rebuild is called for. The Jacobs made a
notable differece in the smoothness of acceleration, no hesitation at all.
Jacobs also claims substantial torque increase, and the car does seem
marginally faster, but since it was faster off the line than those old
fashion narrow tires can handle to begin with this is hard to judge. My only
caveat is that I'm not sure if it was really worth the price, as Jacobs is
very expensive. If you are working with a dealer, you might try calling
Jacobs direct to get a better price.

Michael, New Bern, NC