Odd encounters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Odd encounters
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 17:09:42 EST
Ray Gibbons' story of the young woman offended by his headlights reminded
me of this encounter some years ago....

An old pickup truck pulled up at a traffic light, followed by a young
woman in a BMW. The light changed, the truck stalled. As the driver was
cranking and cranking, trying to get the pickup to restart, the woman
began beeping her horn. Finally, the very large and tough-looking pickup
driver got out, walked back and said to the by now rather  intimidated
woman "Tell you what....You go and start my truck and I'll sit here and
beep your horn for you".

Lawrie Alexander