Who's a Jerk?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Who's a Jerk?
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 16:43:44 -0600
All this talk about who's a jerk and who's not reminds me of why this list
is better than a frat party.

When I was in college, I lived in a fraternity and, as such, was obliged to
attend the occasional frat party.  At the party I would always meet some
people that were too shy to talk to me, some people that I really enjoyed
talking to, some people who were entertainingly obnoxious, and some people
who went over the line and I found just rude.

It was funny but the line seemed to change as the night went on and
everyone seemed to move a notch or two to the obnoxious side as inhibitions
were lowered.  I suppose that I was evaluated the same way by other people.
  Sometimes I would change the way that I talked one way or the other to
fit in with the group that I was talking to.

This list has the same cross section of people as the frat party.  The
relative personal safety of the medium loosens inhibitions just like a keg
of Leinenkugel's.  The real advantage is that with the list is, if I don't
like what I am hearing, I don't have to think up some lame excuse to bail
on the conversation.  I just hit delete.  It's also a lot easier on the
liver.

Regards
Bill Eastman
61 MGA