Re: epoxy primer

To: dhw@atomic.net
Subject: Re: epoxy primer
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 10:33:47 -0500

<< Hello all, I am new to the list and find it informative and entertaining.
 was wondering if anyone could suggest a brand of epoxy primer.  I have a '73
 and '74 MGBs and they both have to stripped to bare metal due to BADLY
 crazed paint.  If anyone has any suggestions,  please pass them along.
 Don Walton in NC
 73MGB
 74MGB

All the major brands are probably fine.  I use PPG DP50 and have had great
luck with it.  One important thing is that epoxy primer cures fully
(according to PPG literature) in a matter of 7 to 10 days and once it is
cured, the paint or primer will not adhere to it properly, unless you scuff
it with sandpaper or a scotch brite pad.  So make sure you spray a sandable
primer or top coat over it before it is fully cured.  (read the instructions)

Probably the most important thing that I have learned is sticking with the
same brand of paint, primer, chemicals etc...(or whatever your paint rep
recommends) Also buying from a dealer who is knowledgeable, and will work
with you and answer all of your questions.  If not?  Go somewhere else that
appreciates your business.

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!!