Re: Engine Machine Shop services ??s

To: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Machine Shop services ??s
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 22:19:30 -0600
David Deutsch wrote:

> call me a "bastard" I want them to be able to add "and so's his car".
>
> I have not done an engine rebuild in 20 years and need some refreshing
> of memory, not to mention I feel this is good discussion topic.

Good Morning you old ......

I'm glad to see you ignoring the static and just posting what you feel
like. I'm only responding because I like to see my name in print.

I'm also planning to "freshen" the C/GT motor real soon now and wanted a
better general reference than the Bentley books. I recently bought the
book "Engine Builder's Handbook" by Tom Monroe. He doesn't cover one nit
of LBC but he does cover inspection, machning, blue printing, tools,
assembly, etc. and I think the book is a good deal.

He covers the fancy measurement tools and how to use them which I
thought was really useful information. I'm planning on buying a few
fancy tools and will finally have the knowledge of what to do with them!
You might consider the purhase also.

I bought it from Classic Motorbooks 1996 Fall Catalog where it had stock
number 123059A and was priced $15.95. I can't say too much good stuff
about the Classic Motorbooks folks. Great books and great catalog (a lot
on LBCs). Well, they don't have a WEB page where you can order online.
That's my major bitch. Their number is 1-800-826-6600.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6