Re: New egine installation problems

To: herr@mail.sdsu.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New egine installation problems
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 17:24:52 -0500
In a message dated 97-01-06 10:55:24 EST, herr@mail.sdsu.edu (Jeffrey Herr)
writes:

<< To had to
 the misery, I can not get the clutch to work.  Two days, off and on bleeding
 the clutch got me no where.

 I am open for ideas. >>

Jeff,

MG master / slave hydraulics are dear to us all. Just about the time it's
bleed the master is sucking air. Get another person to help you and make sure
you don't pump more air back in each time you bleed.

I have found great help with the Mighty Vac vacuum / pressure pump in
bleeding hydraulics. I think they're about $40, and worth every penny.

You could have a defective master ot slave cylinder. If you can't bleed the
system after trying everything, get a rebuild kit for each and install it. In
the long run you'll need to do this to the master and slave anyway. At least
you'll get it over with all at once.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 maine Coon
'79 Midget