cold starting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: cold starting
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:47:19 -0800
My experince (many years ago) with a 58 MGA was that I would richen up the
mixure (2 flats, if I remember correctly) when it started to get cold &
then leaned it out in the spring the same amount.  This seemed to make the
starting go easier.

Of course having everything in the ignition system dead on: good clean
plugs, good wires, good points, perfect dwell, etc are prerequisits....

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Department of Human Factors & Systems           Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA