was 79 MGB FS now Maintanance of automobiles

To: Jim & Marilynne Mellander <jmel@netcom.com>
Subject: was 79 MGB FS now Maintanance of automobiles
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 14:30:02 -0800
Hello Jim,
Jim,
Reliablity is very important and apparently you are not reliable. If
you were you would not have allowed your MGB to be put in the position
of having to brake down due to your neglect.
These are not magic carpets. In fact treated properly they are more
reliable than any new automobile being manufactured today.
It was Henry Ford who said "if it's not there, it can't fail". The
message being, keep it simple. Well it does not get much simpler than a
MG. I am not trying to talk you out of selling that B of yours, quite
the contrary, you are not worthy of MG ownership. My only wish is you
sell to someone who will appreciate the car enough to correctly
maintain it and in return the MGB will give back a feeling of pleasure
and pride of it's ownership that no price tag could ever be attached
to.
Best of luck to you, Marilynne, your dogs and those pitiful examples
of automotive technology to remain in your driveway, once the only
thing worth keeping is gone.
David Deutsch