Re: Seat track nuts

To: schauss@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Seat track nuts
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:21:23 EST
I had the same problem, I reinforced the floor with 2" metal strip and
welded a nut to the strip.  I think the nut is a 1/4" but someone else
might be able to confirm this.  I used a graded nut, I believe a grade 5,
and a grade 8 bolt.  These nuts and bolts are not any special item, but
in my opinion they should be graded.

I only had to replace the rear ones on the drivers side because of some
small cracks that were appearing.  The front ones in the X-member I
didn't need to mess with.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster